Monday, March 11, 2013

Make It Monday - St. Patrick's Day Luck in a Jar




I was trying to look online to see if there was any ideas that would inspire me for a creative St. Patrick's Day gift idea. I saw something that had different colored candies in a jar to look like a bottled rainbow. It even had marshmallows to look like clouds. I loved the idea and decided to make my own "luck in a jar". Here are the things you will need:


 
- bag of regular Skittles
- bag of the Dark Side Skittles
- mason jar
- gold coins (either chocolate ones or decorative ones)
- bag of mini marshmallows
- ribbon
- decorative pieces (optional)



So here is what you do:

1. Separate the candy by colors.
2. Wash and dry the mason jar.
3. Start layering. Gold coins at the bottom and then color by color to form rainbow.
4. Top with marshmallows.
5. Add lid.

6. Embellish with ribbon and decorative pieces.



All In All: This makes an adorable gift! It is so easy to make that you could even have the kids join in! The total cost for this project for me was under $10 and that is because I made one big and one smaller size jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment