Monday, July 23, 2012

Make It Monday - Mirror Shelves




I have been looking everywhere for shelves that have a mirror front.  A few years ago, I had purchased two on clearance from Bed Bath & Beyond and have been unable to find them anywhere since.  Sometimes mirrored items tend to be on the pricey side, but I love the look of anything mirrored.  It is so classy.  So I decided to make them myself.

I went to Target and purchased a 2 pack of dark wood shelves.  They retail for $14.99 but sometimes you can snag them on sale for $9.99.  Online they only have Maple shelves available but really the preference is yours.  You will only see the wood from the sides and the top.  

I then purchased craft mirrors from Michael's for about $4.00 a bag for 25 pieces.  You can almost always find some coupon on Michael's Website.  I bought two bags since I was making two shelves.  You can also purchase the craft mirrors from online sites like Amazon.


Next step is to start hot gluing!  Just be careful because the mirrors can get hot.  Start at one corner and put some hot glue onto the back of a mirror piece and then apply to the shelf holding for about 5 seconds.  Within a few minutes you will have a glamorous shelf!





Here is the finished project.  





All In All:  These mirror shelves look like you spent a lot of money but in reality you made them for a fraction of the cost that you would pay if you purchased them already made.  They take under 10 minutes to make and look fabulous!  Super quick and easy to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment