Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Make It Monday - Black Tutu (Skunk Costume Part 2)



Making your own tutu skirt is inexpensive and easy to do.  All you need are the following things:

- Tulle any color you would like.  For my costume I am using black.
- Crochet headband
- Scissors

You 1st want to put your crochet headband around something round so it is easier to see the holes.  I used a small trashcan.  Then you want to cut your tulle into strips.  I made mine 2" wide by 12" long.  Keep in mind that the length is going to be cut in half because we are folding it.  I only wanted mine to be 6" long so I doubled that amount to get the length.

Once you have cut the strips and I believe I used about 80 pieces for two layers.  You want to start on the bottom row of holes.  Fold a strip of tulle in half and pull through the hole.  Here is how you want to make the loop.  (from http://www.skiptomylou.org)


Continue doing this all around until you have all the holes covered.  You then want to do the holes in the row right above the 1st layer.  You can continue up the headband as far as you want.


When you have the look you want you are finished.  You can do more than one color...the possibilities are endless!




No comments:

Post a Comment